Reverse-Time Migration (RTM) is a state-of-the art pre-stack two-way wave-equation migration for accurate imaging in and below areas with significant structural complexities.
- 3D marine shot in 25 minutes
- Steep dips & turning waves
- 8th order finite difference
- One-way wave equation runtimes
- Accurate illumination compensation
- Restart capability, manual and automatic
- Scales to 1000s of cpus
Until recently RTM was impractical due to high computation costs, and only companies with huge clusters could afford to run the algorithm. Now, you can add the newest technology in imaging to your software arsenal.